‘s Lands Hospital is the oldest hospital in Suriname and was founded around 1760 as a Military Hospital. After a major fire in 1821 the hospital underwent a structural change and, in addition to military personnel, civilians were also admitted. On January 1, 1934, the name was changed to ‘s Lands Hospital. It is now a modern general hospital with 310 beds and 47 cribs. ‘s Lands Hospital is there for everyone in Suriname who needs medical care in the field of the available in-house specialisms and in particular for the people who need care in the field of reproductive health care and the care of children aged 0 – 14 years.
‘s Lands Hospital will grow within 5 years into the second largest reference hospital in Suriname in close collaboration with the peripheral hospitals, where high-quality and professional quality care for the client comes first.
The hospital has a foundation board that monitors the management. The foundation board is as follows as of July 2019:
Chairman of the Foundation Board, Mr. drs. Michel Blokland
Vice-President, Mrs. Dr. Natalie Aalstein
Secretary, Mrs. Mr. Justina Eduards
Member, Mr. Dr. Kwame Horne
Member, Mr. Imro Edam
Member, Mrs. Maureen Vreugd, MBA
Member, Mr. mr. Inderpersad Baboeram, LLB
The Management Board consists of: (as of November 2019)
General manager Mr. Dr. Dayasankar Mathoera
Director of nursing sr. Suze Holband, MPH
Medical director Mrs. Dr. Soenita Nannan Panday-Gopisingh
Deputy finance director Mrs. Dr. Maderiel Isselt MBA